Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cooking adventures

So, in my cooking adventures tonight, I made Orange chicken!  Sort of.

Ingredients
Three skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Probably three or four oranges worth of freshly squeezed orange juice
A dash of powdered ginger
A glop of honey
Some oil
A sprinkle of flour
A little bit of soy sauce

So I started by thawing the chicken, cause it was really, really solid.  Took like, fifteen minutes.  
Then my boyfriend and I cut it up all neat and nice.  
He's very particular about food.  
He cut off all the "bad" parts, fat, whiteish parts, reddish parts, all that jazz, off of all three breasts, and it ended up being about the equivalent of one small chicken breast.  
Anywho, cut it into bite sized pieces, toss it in a pan with the oil, to make sure the chicken doesn't stick or anything, and cook that with much stirring until the chicken is all cooked.  
Then put your glop of honey, your soy sauce, your orange juice, your dash of powdered ginger, and your sprinkle of flour into a bowl and mix it up.  Now add dashes and globs of all these ingredients until it's the saucy consistency you want, and the flavor you want, and mix it all in with your chicken.  

Congratulations!  You now have sort-of orange chicken!  Is it delicious?  Good job.  Mine turned out pretty well, but I think I'm going to make it again on another night off and do some experimenting.  
Lemme know how it turns out if you try it!

Just warning, this is very much my style of cooking.  
I don't usually do a ton of measuring, so when I write things down they're going to be in estimated amounts, not actual measurements.
Have fun deciphering!

Maybe cookies tomorrow night?  Or I guess tonight...being on nights is confusing sometimes.
Anywho, goodnight for now!  

Ciao
SheWhoMustWearHats

No comments:

Post a Comment